Wednesday, March 2, 2011

All About Reading

AAR_Pre-1

I am so excited that Marie Rippel from All About Spelling has a new program out called All About Reading.  Today the Pre-1 program, which is geared toward preschool-kindergarten, is available for purchase

So why am I excited?

I have been working with my two little girls on learning letter sounds and letter knowledge through our Letter of the Week studies, and from looking at the teacher sample, this program will fit right in with what we are doing. What I appreciate is the emphasis on the five fundamental pre-reading skills:

letter knowledge
phonological awareness,
print awareness
listening comprehension
motivation to read

I also like that these skills seem to be presented in natural ways through songs, reading stories, and playing games. You can see samples of the student activity book, the hard-back letter book, and the hardback poem book.

This is not an official review---I am hoping to get the products and test them first-hand with my kids. I do know however, that Marie’s All About Spelling program is wonderful, and I’m expecting that same quality, and attention to detail in this program.

Right now you can also download two free e-books that go along with the program:

webin-the-kitchen-with-zigzag-zebra2 and websafari-stories-with-zigzag-zebra

Disclosure: I am an affiliate for All About Spelling and if you click the links you’ll be helping me get my own set of books. Opinions stated are my own.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home