Monday, April 5, 2010

Signs of Spring: Nature Walk

Today it was such a nice day out that I knew we needed to get out of the house and head to our local garden for a nature walk.


Each kid was armed with their clipboards, pencils, and their spring nature study worksheet. Our mission was to look for signs of spring.

DS pulled up a chair and started sketching. (Another sign of spring here is baseball season!)

We saw lots of flowers blooming on our nature walk.

3yr. old DD did her "homework" too. It cracks me up to see her sitting like this. She took her work seriously.

We spied bushes and trees budding.

Painted turtles sunning. (Here's a toddler turtle unit that I pulled together recently.)

And several geese nesting.

It felt good to get outside, observe God's creation and stretch our legs.

Other Nature Study posts:
Fall 2009 Nature Walk
Fall 2009 Nature Walk Con't
May 2009 Nature Walk
Drawing Nature

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger 2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I didn't know you had a blog! It's lovely. Thanks for sharing on FB.

April 5, 2010 at 8:08 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I love your pictures--you got some great nature shots and I love the ones of your kids engrossed in their drawings.

April 5, 2010 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful photos, Maureen! And a very nice printable. Thanks.

April 6, 2010 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PS Check my Tagfoot bookmarks for some good workbox posts.

April 6, 2010 at 10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had alot of fun!

October 2, 2011 at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home