Monday, March 29, 2010

Melt in Your Mouth Muffins


Recently someone on the Sonlight boards wrote about a terrific muffin mix. Since my family likes to eat muffins for breakfast or a snack, I was interested in trying it out. The recipe makes a big mix that you can store in an air-tight container for several months. The best thing is that you can use this mix and then customize the flavors. Today I made banana chocolate chip muffins -----and they were awesome!  I can't wait to try other fruits and see how well it tastes. So thanks to Diane in TX for sharing this wonderful recipe!

MUFFIN MIX

8 c. all purpose flour
3 c. sugar
3 Tbsp. baking powder
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. nutmeg

Combine all ingredients. Place in a large, airtight container. Store in a cool, dry place. Use within 6 to 8 months.

MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH MUFFINS

2 3/4 c. muffin mix
1 egg, beaten
1 c. milk
1/2 c. melted butter OR 1/2 c. vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees; grease muffin pan.
Combine egg & milk in small bowl. Add all at once to mix. Stir until just moistened (batter should be lumpy).
Fill muffin pan.
Bake 18-20 minutes.

May add 1 c. dried fruit, diced peaches, blueberries, or 1/2 banana, 1/2 c. choc. chips

I sometimes make a coarse mixture of flour, sugar, and butter & sprinkle that over the tops before baking. That makes them seem more like bakery muffins. These are my family's favorite muffins.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger The girl who painted trees said...

These sound good:)

September 6, 2011 at 11:08 PM  
Blogger Explore & Grow said...

Another great muffin recipe for my collection. Thanks!

September 29, 2011 at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home