Friday, November 13, 2009

Christmas Photo Cards

Family Christmas Photo
It's about this time every year that I start thinking about trying to get a family photo taken for our Christmas cards. The key words are "start" and "trying". I actually think about it for quite awhile--oh like until the middle of December. I get overwhelmed at the thought of trying to make sure all 5 kids have clean clothes, clean bodies and are in a good mood at the same time. That takes alot of planning on my part! Then when I realize that I just need to get it done, I've procrastinated long enough that no one is offering awesome photo printing deals and I've missed all the free shipping offers.

Well that's not going to happen this year! Well at least I don't think it will. ;) No, I'm determined to get it done before December! So to help me get in the Christmas Photo-Shoot mood, I've been looking at some of my previous Christmas card photos.

The photo at the top is my all time favorite because it just captured the essence of what our life was like at that moment--so chaotic yet fun. I used items from Designer Digitals to create this card:

Family Christmas Photo Card

Another favorite of mine was this picture of my now 7yr. old dd. I think she was 4 at the time. I actually took that ornament picture myself! :)

ornamentcardMSpellweba

My friend Katrina Kennedy recently shared on her blog how to capture the perfect imperfect holiday photo. I love the thought of not worrying about having everything staged or matching, but capturing a glimpse of who your family is at the moment. You'll have to check out her photo shoot examples---she does wonderful work!

So to keep me accountable to my claim that I'm going to get the picture done before December (or at least by the first week), I'm going to open up a McLinky on Sunday Dec. for Sharing Photo Cards. That gives me several weeks to get mine done---I should be able to do that-right? :)

And once you get your photo taken, the next step is to make it into a card. Here are a couple new templates that I love. I've written an article explaining the steps on how to make a Christmas photo card. I hope you check it out.



holiday card no. 13 by Katie Pertiet

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger mollie said...

The Christmas Card photo day was the most dreaded day in our kids lives I think! There was always one or two of them pouting. :)

I love the pout cards the best of all after all of these years.

I love the photo that you are using.

November 14, 2009 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That photo of your little ones is SO adorable! I love that it is so natural. Not stuffy like so many Christmas family photos. Inspires me to get out the camera and start snapping my little ones. Have a wonderful holiday!

November 16, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home