Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tot School

This week I made an I Spy bottle with an ocean theme, since we've been reading ocean books in our little co-op. DD enjoyed this immensely. For this bottle I colored rice blue and found some mini-ocean life erasers plus some real sea shells to place in it.

I-Spy_bottle_cards_ocean


I went ahead and worked on several with a Christmas theme too. I wrote how to create an I Spy bottle and other I Spy ideas as a lens. I hope you check it out! If you make a bottle and post on your blog, send me an email and I'd love to link it to the article.

This week we also took a wonderful fall nature walk. All my older kids had backpacks with clipboards. When we were packing our lunch and supplies, DD#3 asked where her backpack was. Thankfully I had this cheap fish backpack I got at the Dollar Tree. It was good enough for her. She even did a little "nature drawing" too. We all enjoyed being outdoors and seeing all the signs of fall.

I got this Discovery Toys puzzle at a garage sale this past summer. It is in perfect condition. I pulled them out this week. We talked about colors, names of the objects and then I let her trace them (though she didn't enjoy that at all). All week long she kept asking for these puzzles (there are 3- animals, transportation and dinosaurs). They were a hit for her!

One other activity that we did that I wish I would have taken a picture of was pull out the game Twister. My oldest daughter would spin the spinner and tell my DD#3 to "hop to a blue circle" or "crawl to a yellow circle". Little DD loved this. It was a great way to work on the primary colors.

For more Toddler Activities be sure to check out:
Tot School

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

I love the i spy bottle idea! I may do something similar with our sensory tub when we have an ocean theme (or possibly for the letter O) - thanks for a great idea!!

October 25, 2009 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I have had bird seed sitting in my garage forever so that we could make an eyespy bottle. You need to get the bird seed that is all one type of seed. They are little tiny round seeds. Anyway, I need to get off my butt so Drew and I can make one.

Aren't garage sales the best. Don't forget to check the local thrift store too.

Have an awesome week.

October 25, 2009 at 9:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I bought those same Discovery toys at a garage sale. They are great!

October 26, 2009 at 12:17 AM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

Love the I Spy bottle, too! I've made ocean-themed bottles with sand, blue-colored water, and little critters, but the water was really murky... The blue rice is a great idea!

October 26, 2009 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Mama to 5 said...

I love the i-spy bottle - my toddler would love that! Thanks! 1st time visiting your blog! Very nice ideas!
Nicole
http://mamato3blessings.blogspot.com/

January 10, 2010 at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home