Friday, March 2, 2012

Dr. Seuss on the iPad

Permission Granted to Pin this Picture
If you've been following many Early Childhood Education blogs, you might have noticed there's been many cute Dr. Seuss-related crafts and activities being shared. As I was thinking about what to write, many of my own childhood Dr.Seuss memories came flooding back---such as waiting for the one time of year The Grinch and The Cat and the Hat would be actually be on t.v. (Yes, there was a time where you had to wait to watch a program. :)


My 5yr. old and 3yr. old though, have experienced Dr. Seuss in a totally different way than I ever did--- on the iPad.

Dr. Seuss One Fish Two  Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

My daughters can access many of the classic Dr. Seuss iPad books at the touch of a finger. The books can play like a movie, be read alone, or read aloud.

Dr. Seuss There's No Place Like Space

In addition, if my girls touch some of the words or objects in the pictures, the iPad tells them the word. They are able to have an interactive reading experience.

There's a Wocket in my Pocket
 My girls have been enjoying Dr. Seuss on the iPad. We often use the stories as a type of "listening center" during the day. Sometimes I pair hands-on activities to go along with the books, such as the Wocket in my Pocket game and craft we did after reading the book on the iPad.

If I Ran the Zoo by Dr. Seuss
Yes, the iPad and other e-readers open up a whole different world of silly Seussical, rhyming reading memories for children.

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kendra Fletcher said...

Love the iPad and all its cool resources! You can enter to win a hard copy of Dr. Seuss's ABC Book on my blog this week, plus a super simple ABC craft idea to go with it!

http://www.preschoolersandpeace.com/pandpblog/2012/3/2/dr-seuss-for-preschoolers-and-a-contest.html

~Kendra

March 2, 2012 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Hodgepodgemom said...

Awesome! How did I miss these books and apps? Thanks for sharing. Love your photos.

March 2, 2012 at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home