Monday, February 6, 2012

Nature I Spy Printable - Winter Edition

It has been an unusual winter in our area. We usually get snow. We expect snow in the winter. This year though, has mostly been rain with a couple spring-like days teasing us. It's been a dreary, muddy winter. It is this time of the year that we start to feel cooped-up in the house.We need to get out.

When I start feeling this way I find that going for a nature walk helps change our mood. It might be a quick walk around the block or sometimes a trip to our local gardens or state park (I will admit that I only take longer walks on warmer winter days. I'm a wimp---lol!)

I created a winter edition set of I Spy cards (see related Fall I Spy Cards) for our next nature walk. Now I realize that winter looks different in the Midwest than  in other areas. I tried to make most of the cards usable for any area. Just print and laminate (optional), place on a ring and carry along on your nature walk. See how many of the items you can find.

Please share the link to this blog post and not the direct link to the printable. Thank you!
You might also be interested in my winter notebooking page for young children too.

 I've joined several other bloggers today who are sharing free nature printables too. Stop by their blogs and see how they are enjoying nature this winter.

  1. Cindy from Our Journey Westward
  2. Maureen from Spell Outloud.
  3. Jimmie from Jimmie's Collage
  4. Lauren from Mama's Learning Corner
  5. Amanda from Hearts and Trees.
  6. Barb from Handbook of Nature Study




Pin It

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

These are wonderful Maureen! Beautiful job on the images and I will be linking to these from my challenges. Thanks!

February 6, 2012 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

These eye spy cards are awesome! Thank you!!
I pinned. :)

Jen

February 6, 2012 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Valerie McClintick said...

Love these Maureen! (especially that I can clip them on the stroller, I've never been good at carrying around clipboards and pencils)

Can't wait for Spring,

;) Valerie

February 6, 2012 at 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Stacie said...

I love this. Your right the midwest has had an odd winter. It is suppose to be in the 40's today and I am debating if we are going to the zoo or not.

February 6, 2012 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

These are great, thank you for sharing!

February 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Karen @ PreKinders said...

These are fantastic! Will definitely use the for outdoor learning activities!

February 6, 2012 at 7:38 PM  
Anonymous LIttle Wonders' Days said...

We've done a spring and fall "scavenger hunt" walk before, but never winter. I have no idea why... I love you're cards. We'll have to try them this week. Thanks!

February 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

February 7, 2012 at 6:14 AM  
Blogger Mozer said...

You are welcome! So glad others find it useful too :)

February 7, 2012 at 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home