Friday, January 20, 2012

Lego Learning and More

I've been enjoying using Instagram on my iPad. Though not as convenient as an iPhone, I still love the instant way to share photos with others. Here are some photos from the past week and a half:


Pictures 1, 2, and 4: My son has been on a huge Lego kick this month. He has confiscated any sort of bins/bowls/drawers for sorting his collection by color. He even set up a way to photograph his creations using white foam core board and my craft light. He would love to get a stop-motion camera and start creating Lego movies too. He came up with the Noah creation after our history readings this past week. He now tells me he wants to get a bunch of the Roman Lego mini-figures so he can recreate even more history lessons. Yeah, I won't fall for that one---lol! Every day I have to make sure he's actually doing his school work and not just building, but I do love that he is being creative and learning new skills (such as photographing and photo-editing).

Picture 3: We got our brand new WriteShop Junior D curriculum in the mail this week. I will be using this with my 9yr. old daughter. I glanced through it and am so excited to start! We will start on Monday and I'll be sharing my opinions on the program next month.

Picture 5: One of the many science experiments we did this week and half just for fun.

Picture 6:  Each of my kids has their own clipboards. My little girls especially love theirs. When we are doing "school" each of them clip papers and either draw or color while we are reading or talking about things. They tell me they are doing their school work too :)

Picture 7: My girlfriends and I made a double-batch of The Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls. Boy are these good!! I don't think I would have ever made these on my own because when I first read the instructions I was overwhelmed. But it really isn't that hard. Now I feel like I can try these on my own. :)

Picture 8: I know I've shared about my Borsa Bell iPad bag before. I started carrying my bag around as a purse and it was too small for all the extras I needed, so I upgraded to the large Hobo iPad bag--picking the same fabric as before. I LOVE IT! It fits my iPad, wallet, Kindle (if I had one) makeup, diapers, and more!

Picture 9: I've been planning our week, our co-op class for Feb. and a nursery rhyme unit (to be coming up soon).

How was your week?


Linking up with:

Camera Phone Friday hostess Dawn Camp @ My Home Sweet Home
Weekly Wrap-Up hostess Kris at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers 
Collage Friday with Mary at Home Grown Learners

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary Prather said...

I love all of the Lego activities. My son is a Lego maniac, too. Add to that the hype of a new Lego Discovery Center opening here in Atlanta and he can't think about much else!

I'm glad you linked with Collage Friday today!

January 20, 2012 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Love the iPad bag -- and those cinnamon rolls have me drooling on my keyboard!!

January 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Hodgepodgemom said...

I am very impressed with the Lego building - what a great way to build history! And I remember seeing your clip boards for each child. I am loving that idea too. Hmmm. iPad bag envy. Loved your photos and you always have inspiring ideas.

January 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Tonia said...

Love the lego pics! I've made pioneer woman's cinnamon rolls - they are delish!

January 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

The clipboard idea is genius! I'm going to try that with my youngers when they get antsy to participate but what I'm doing with my oldest is too above their heads!

January 22, 2012 at 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Dawn Camp said...

That's some serious Lego art!

January 23, 2012 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

really cool :)

January 27, 2012 at 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home