Saturday, December 17, 2011

What is Christmas?

Today's book is What is Christmas? by Michelle Medlock Adams. I picked up this board book as a way to discuss various Christmas traditions with my young children.

Summary: Using rhyming patterns and colorful illustrations, this book shares various Christmas traditions such as putting up a Christmas tree, seeing Christmas plays, Santa Claus--but are those what Christmas is about? At the end the author shares that all these traditions are fun but Christmas is about the birth of God's only Son.

This is a cute, little book suitable for toddlers and preschoolers. It allows parents to talk discuss with their children the various traditions and that those things are fine, but the real reason we celebrate is because of Jesus.


After we read it, I printed out the shape cut-and-paste Nativity Sheet from 2 Teaching Mommies. She had so much fun doing this activity. We hung it up in the front room for all to see.


This book went perfectly with Why Do We Call it Christmas? DVD from What's In the Bible.You can see a sneak peek below.




I can't believe there's only 8 more days until Christmas! I am enjoying reading these special Christmas books with my kids each day. Which books have been your favorite?


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Madonna said...

Love it! You're such a good mommy!

December 19, 2011 at 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home