Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Scratch and Sniff Ornaments

As I expected, my little girls have loved smelling the stickers in The Sweet Smell of Christmas book. I remember doing the same thing when I was a kid. I thought it would be a great idea to mix the scratch-and-sniff idea along with our Names of Jesus advent chain study. So I gathered supplies so that we could make our own scratch-and-sniff Names of Jesus ornaments to put on our tree. I thought this would be a wonderful way to remember all the names of  Jesus we have learned during this month while also being a keepsake.

Supplies:
Names of Jesus ornaments printables from Bible Story Printables
Various flavor packets of Kool-Aid
small containers
paintbrushes
scissors
ribbon


Mix each packet of Kool-Aid with 2 TBS of water and stir. Print out your ornaments on cardstock or watercolor paper.


All of my kids---ages 13-3yrs. old enjoyed this project. The Kool-Aid paint works just like watercolors. 
The kids took their time and even experimented with mixing colors. After the pages were dry, we cut them out and tied string through the top to hang on the tree.


They turned out beautifully! When we scratched them, we could get a faint smell. So it doesn't work as well as the scratch-and-sniff stickers, but it was sure fun to paint with Kool-Aid!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Precision Quality Laser said...

Awesome!!! I love this idea...

I am headed to the store to buy Kool-Aid ;)

December 21, 2011 at 3:01 PM  
Anonymous DARIA said...

Adorable! I'LL RETWEET IT!

December 21, 2011 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Valerie McClintick said...

Those turned out great Mo!

;) Valerie

December 21, 2011 at 7:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is such a great idea! Please link it to Read.Explore.Learn on Friday!

December 21, 2011 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

SWEET!!!

December 22, 2011 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

SO COOL!!!

December 28, 2011 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger Carla @ Preschool Powol Packets said...

This is such a great idea! I love how it incorporates smell, a sense that could use a little more attention! I'm going to link to this post today when I post my Sharing Saturday--let me know if that's a problem!

Carla

December 31, 2011 at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home