Wednesday, November 16, 2011

1st Birthday

It seems like just yesterday I was waiting to meet my Lil Pumpkin! I was already 10 days overdue when my doctor call me in to her office on a Saturday (yes, she called me!) and had me come in for monitoring. She determined that I was ready and that I should head over to the hospital right away. Several hours later Lil Pumpkin was born!

 Lil Pumpkin with her little big sister.

Our 5th little girl added to our family. I wondered what her personality would be like and if I could handle all the details of a newborn plus everything else.

birthdaygirl2Lil Pumpkin hanging out with my super sweet niece.

One of Lil Pumpkin’s first outings was to our local co-op. A pre-teen girl came up to me and said with such sincerity, “I am so glad you had Lil Pumpkin!” Being a family that has more than 2 kids—that is not a comment I hear often. That comment blessed me so much! Now a year later I can’t imagine Lil Pumpkin not being a part of the family! She brings us so much joy!

birthdaygirl4 Lil Pumpkin enjoying her birthday cake.

Yes, this first year has gone by fast! I knew it would, but it still surprised me. My little baby is not so little anymore!  Happy (belated) first birthday!

 Birthday Party Printables

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Sofia's Ideas said...

Happy Birthday to your lil' lovie... she is beautiful! And I love what you said there - because you're right, its not often we hear a positive comment after we answer that question "Are they ALL yours?" We have 6 lovies and I remember almost every positive we've ever been offered. :)

Anyway, I am glad to have found your blog and to discover that you also have lots of lovies that you homeschool!

I'm also your newest GFC "friend"! I'm new to We Teach and just joined the "We're Bloggers" group. When you find a moment, I would love for you to do the same. You can find me at http://sofiasideas.com/

Sofia's Ideas

November 18, 2011 at 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Sofia's Ideas said...

Looks like we have lots in common! :) Yay!

November 18, 2011 at 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home