Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thanksgiving Printables and Resources

Am I the only one who just looked at the calendar and saw how close Thanksgiving is already? Sometimes I am thankful for blog deadlines, because it ensures that I do get some of my great ideas (lol) completed!

bannerfinal

We already have our Thanksgiving Banner done, which was featured at The Homeschool Village (you’ll find the instructions and downloadable template there.)

ImaginationStationPilgrims

My 9yr. old daughter and I read The Imagination Station Problems in Plymouth together.  My daughter has enjoyed all the books in this series (I wrote reviews  for Book 1 and 2, and Books 3 and 4. In book 6, we were transported back to Plymouth and met Miles Standish, William Bradford, Squanto and others. It was a nice book that led to several discussions about Thanksgiving.

I printed off some more Thanksgiving mini-cards for my little girls to color (I originally posted these last year.) You can use these as-is or make them decorative mini-flags by folding the card over a craft stick and glueing closed.

thankfulmatweb
I also printed off several of these Thanksgiving Thankful Mats. I’m going to have my kids write what they are thankful for, color the color-by-number turkey, and then cover with contact paper for an easy holiday placemat.

If I have time I also hope to check out the following Thanksgiving resources from these talented bloggers:

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ticia said...

I'm with you on suddenly realizing it's Thanksgiving. I knew it was there and then....

November 13, 2011 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Ummm, I totally using those thanksgiving cards as place holders...you just saved me SO MUCH TIME! Thanks friend!

November 14, 2011 at 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home