Saturday, October 9, 2010

P is for Pumpkin

This week my preschooler and little tot worked on letter P activities. I will admit that I picked letter P because I already knew what we were covering in our co-op toddler/preschool class. :)

At the beginning of the week we did our letter P cut and paste page, do-a-dot page, and picture cards. Then I really didn't have the energy to do much more than that this week, but I had already planned a bunch of pumpkin activities for our co-op which another mom taught for me. Here's what we did:

First we talked about what a pumpkin was and how it grew. I printed out Life Cycle of a Pumpkin cards from Montessori for Everyone. The kids loved matching up the pictures.

Before class I had printed, cut, and laminated a Christian pumpkin pocket poem from The Scripture Lady. Each pumpkin has a different face and a little poem that goes with it--for example: "The first little pumpkin on the outside looks sad, but he knows that when Jesus lives inside, he's oh so glad."

Then the children drew one of the pumpkin faces from the poem. I picked up die-cut pumpkins at Hobby Lobby.

Then we cut apart a small pumpkin to see what was inside. My girls didn't want to touch the insides :)


We used the seeds to make a version of the Pumpkin Parable Craft from Christian Preschool Printables.



Then we played a Pumpkin shape game and did a couple other Letter P activities from Confessions of a Homeschooler.

Here are some of the books we read this week:




For More Preschool and Toddler Ideas check out:

preschool corner

Tot School


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Thanks for the links, I love your Christian pumpkin activities. :)

October 11, 2010 at 7:56 AM  
Blogger Dorie said...

What a great pumpkin lesson. We did a pumpkin lesson last week and used some of the same books. The activities you included are some great ideas.

October 11, 2010 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger Cheryl Pitt said...

What great ideas! LOL I guess that's the difference between boys and girls. My boys would dive in up to their eyebrows in pumpkin pulp :)

October 11, 2010 at 6:02 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

Great ideas! So many cute activities.

October 11, 2010 at 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home