Thursday, October 7, 2010

Answering questions is not my forte

I've always wanted to join those "10 Question" memes, or "Top 10" lists that I see various places. I can't because usually I can't think of more than 2 answers. I could do a "Top 2" list though :) Because of this, I usually don't participate in Blog Awards because I know I won't finish it. Well today I figured it doesn't matter--- I'll answer what I can :)


Recently two bloggers passed on the Versatile Blogger award to me. Thanks to Katie from Katie's Nesting Spot and Erin at Baldwin Homeschool. I also received the One Lovely Blog Award from Tiffany at Sweet Phenomena and also was tagged by Jodi at The Homeschool Desk. Here are the questions she asked:

#1 What did you do before you became a stay-at-home or homeschool mom? Do you think you’ll go back to that profession when you are done homeschooling? 

I was an elementary school teacher. I doubt I will ever go back in that capacity, but I love to teach and would love to find other ways to use my teaching skills.

#2 If you could live any place in the world, where would you live?

Hmmm, I like where I live--close to family.

#3 Do you have any pets? 

Nope.

#4 What kind of car do you drive? 

I drive a black "loser cruiser" aka "mini-van" --- term came from my friend Jodi, who drives a green one :)

#5 What is the last book you read? 

It's been awhile since I've read just for fun, but it was probably some Janette Oke series because my 12yr. old has been reading those.

#6 What was the last movie you saw in the theatre? 

I seriously cannot remember. I'm not much of a movie person, so I usually volunteer to stay home with the little ones.

#7 Do you have any phobias? 

Sharks. Good thing there are none of those in the Midwest.

#8 Do you have any bad or annoying habits? 

Of course not! ;)

Usually you pass these awards on to others, so I'm going to in my own way--lol!

Here are some of the bloggers who have influenced me since starting my blog over a year ago:

Jimmie from Jimmie's Collage: She knows so much about homeschooling and articulates it so well in writing. That impressed me. She's the one who got me started writing articles on Squidoo.

Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler: I love Erica's willingness to share with others. Her printables and curriculum have made my life easier since I don't have to come up with it myself! She is one creative lady who is talented in so many areas.

Jolanthe from Homeschool Creations: She's another classy blogger who shares info, printables and tips with others. I've been practicing saying her name right just in case I should bump into her some day. (Listen to the Days of the Week Song to hear the correct pronunciation)

Carisa from 1+1+1=1: I am just impressed with the network of blogs she has going, her lovely Christian spirit, and her willingness to share with others. I've gleaned lots of ideas from her site and her Totally Tots site.

K-Tribe from Believe: She has been such a big encouragement to me.

Oh and there are so many more bloggers who deserve their names in this post--but I'm getting tired and I'm way past my 2- limit! :)  All this to say, I'm glad to be a part of the homeschool/educational blogging community.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Confessions Of A Homeschooler said...

Thanks! You're so nice to think of me!

October 7, 2010 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Aww Mo Thank you! I am thankful for this online community as well. I have learned so much from these bloggers you listed and you too! :) We serve an awesome God! ((HUGS)) to you my friend!
Kelly K

October 8, 2010 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks so very much! I don't normally like those memes either, but it's very nice to be chosen like this.

October 9, 2010 at 3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home