Tuesday, October 5, 2010

39 Weeks

I know, I know--I'm actually posting a picture of me! I decided I should have at least one pregnancy photo in Little Pumpkin's baby album, so I had my 12yr. old dd take some pictures of me today. I think she did a pretty good job!

In some ways I can't believe that I'm near the end! This is the best I have ever felt toward the end of any of my pregnancies. I only gained 6 pounds this time around (I have no idea how---I wasn't trying to not gain!) Usually I gain a good 30 plus # and feel miserable toward the end. I know that eating more whole foods and less processed made such a big difference. My energy level has dropped tremendously though. I can only do a couple of tasks before I'm wiped out.

I only have a couple more things to check off my mental to-do list of things to get done before baby is born. I have been so blessed with people coming and helping me get things ready in my household over the past couple of months. Three ladies from my church helped me organize my homeschool room, switch out some clothes for my baby, 2yr. old and 3yr. old. Then a couple of my friends came and helped get my 12yr. old daughter's room ready. I had been so overwhelmed by all the room switching, clothes switching, lesson planning, pregnancy that I had been praying for help. And recently two ladies who used to clean my house surprised me by cleaning my house one day! Not only that, they took home baskets and baskets of dirty clothes and washed them for me! What a tremendous blessing! I hate doing laundry and with a household of 7--almost 8, we have a lot! After that, my mom came and we packed up summer clothes, pulled out winter stuff and continued to change toddler sizes. Whew! There is no way on earth I could have done all that on my own! I am so amazed and just blessed that so many people pitched in to help.

So now I feel ready. Ready to meet this new little one.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Tristan said...

You look wonderful! I can't believe it's getting so close to baby time for you!

October 5, 2010 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

YOu look great! I only made it to 38 weeks with Sammy, I'm 35 now with Liam and REALLY READY for him to come out. I can't imagine 39 weeks.

October 5, 2010 at 8:05 PM  
Blogger Katrina Kennedy said...

Oh Mo! You look absolutely beautiful. Can't wait for new little one photos. Isn't community an amazing thing?!

October 5, 2010 at 11:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous in brilliant purple! I just want to reach out and touch that pregnant belly.
Can't wait to see the next little one.
I also appreciate your insights on nutrition. I'm studying a lot about those things right now.

October 6, 2010 at 2:15 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I love the baby bump! ;-) You look great! I am so excited for you.

Many hands make light work. Amen? Amen! That is so neat that you have friends that really stepped up and helped! I always say when I am at the grocery store and my kids are all grown I am going to help that lady with all the kids put groceries in her car!! :-D Sounds like you have some really great friends! What a blessing

October 6, 2010 at 8:04 AM  
Blogger Michelle Gibson said...

Beautiful baby belly and mama too! You are glowing! *Ü*

October 6, 2010 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger One Red Daisy said...

You look great, and you must be sooo excited (and exhausted)! I wish you a wonderful birth!

October 7, 2010 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Erin_hsm said...

You look wonderful! Congratulations! I am due on Halloween with a little girl myself.

October 7, 2010 at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home