Tuesday, October 12, 2010

1 Fun Farm Field Trip

Since my little ones learned about pumpkins last week, I thought going on a field trip to the local corn maze/small pumpkin patch would be a perfect fall outing. (Thankfully my friend had arranged it all so all I had to do was say I'd be there! I love field trips like that--lol).



They had a farm animal section where our group leader talked about the different animals and how they were used on the farm. We saw llamas, horses, sheep, pigs, cows, donkeys, turkeys and chickens.

This calf was using the bar as a teething ring. :)


The kids also had the opportunity to play some games. This was the duck race game. You place a plastic duck onto a gutter and pump water. The first person to get the duck into the tank wins. This was hard to do for my 3yr. old. The pump was a little difficult to manage, but she had fun!


Little tot also tried, but as you can tell from her facial expression, she wasn't having much luck. She later just played with the duck in the water tank.


Then there was this huge bouncing "pillow". Big sis took Little Tot on it. She wasn't very excited though. I think there were too many kids on it and that scared her. 3yr. old sister wouldn't even try to go on it.

The kids played a little game of giant corn volleyball.

Then got to pick their own tiny pumpkin from the pumpkin patch.

Little Tot was so proud of her pumpkin.

After this all the big kids (and dad) went through the corn maze. I've gone once in my life and that was enough for me. I don't enjoy being lost. :)  So the little girls and I sat in the car and ate lunch instead. :) It ended up being a wonderful fall field trip.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger maria said...

It looks like it was a very successful field trip.
Lovely photos.
Marie

October 13, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home