Monday, July 27, 2009

Toddler Activities---Little Lapbooks Jungle Puzzle





When I was teaching a preschool co-op this past fall, I came up with a toddler-sized lapbook that works well for little hands. Ours was based on the song, "Who is the King of the Jungle?" I wish I had pictures to show you, but the book is MIA at the moment. We had a lapbook component or activity on each flap. The kids love having their own little books.

Using that idea as a springboard, I've created a jungle puzzle book using the little lapbook format. This would work well as a workbox activity or activity bag activity for younger children.



Jungle Puzzle Page 1
Jungle Puzzle Page 2
Jungle Puzzle Page 3
Jungle Lapbook Instructions
Little Lapbook Instructions

Feel free to print away and use at home! I'll be coming up with some more little lapbook ideas in the upcoming weeks. If you use this format for a project, I'd love to see it and feature it here.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Oh WOW I love the little trick for folding it up for little hands. Making it out of a folder makes it way more sturdy too so kids can look at it over and over.

PS: I did download the trial and am loving it! Brad has already consented to getting it for me for our 9th anniversary next month. There is a little tool that takes away your blemishes. How cool, with just a little click not like having to clone like I did before. Did I mention I had the very first version of PSE on my computer. So by my standards your version 4 was lightyears ahead of mine.

July 27, 2009 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger Mozer said...

I always appreciate your comment Katie! :)

July 27, 2009 at 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Theta Mom said...

That lapbook idea is so great! I'll look forward to printing these and usnig them with my toddler. He LOVES puzzles. Thanks for sharing! :)

July 28, 2009 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger Mozer said...

Glad you can use them!

July 28, 2009 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Rana said...

Stopping by from the Carnival of Homeschooling. I can't wait to show these mini's to my aunt for her grandson. What a great idea.

July 28, 2009 at 4:42 PM  
Anonymous Ruby in Montreal said...

Stopping in from the Carnival. Thanks for sharing this, I'm looking forward to making it up for my youngest :)

Cheers!
Ruby

July 29, 2009 at 6:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet! And thanks for sharing with HSS. :-)

July 30, 2009 at 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Rizel said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

March 12, 2010 at 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home