Thursday, July 23, 2009

Christmas in July

There are so many people whom I have never met who have helped me with my homeschool journey. They are the people who have created unit studies, lapbooks, forms, link lists etc. and shared freely. So when one site, Homeschool Share , announced their Blast contest, I knew that I wanted to join in order to give back something to the community. Michelle Light and I teamed up to finish a Christmas Around the World Unit and Lapbook. It is huge I tell you, huge! These are the countries that are covered:

Argentina
Australia
England
Ethiopia
France
Israel
Mexico
Philippines
Sweden
Switzerland

There are over 40 printables for this unit! I also created a coloring page to go with each country. I thought that younger children would enjoy creating their own Christmas Around the World coloring book. You can find these files listed within each country from the main unit link: CATW

In addition, there is a file-folder game included:

File Folder Game
Game Cards 1
Game Cards 2
Game Cards 3
Game Cards 4
Instructions

Another way I plan to give back is by joining The Big Curriculum Clean-OUT that Homeschool Creations is hosting. From August 2 - August 15 I will have several curriculum give-aways on my blog, and Homeschool Creations will have the master list of all blogs participating. I have been cleaning my shelves and have found that I have either duplicates of some items or items in good condition that I would like to pass on to others. I know for sure that I'll have something from All About Spelling, Sonlight and SpellQuizzer. I'm still going through my stash so I might have a few more things posted as well.

Photobucket

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Oh wow what a great resource! I am bookmarking it to include in a post on ABC & 123 closer to the holidays. Let me know if it'd be okay to snag the cover picture for it. We'll direct link to it and credit you. Check out how we normally do things: http://abcand123learning.blogspot.com/

I will have to check out the curriculum clean out thing, I bet I have some stuff stashed away that I will never use again.

July 25, 2009 at 12:28 AM  
Blogger Mozer said...

Sure! Feel free to use the image and link up. :)

July 27, 2009 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Jolanthe said...

Can't wait to see what you have to share! :) I have my stuff ready to post in just a few short hours - can't wait {and hope this will have a great turnout!!}

August 1, 2009 at 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home