Thursday, July 30, 2009

Holding On


Journaling:
Every little baby
Comes into the world
Reaching for an anchor
Fingers tightly curled
Grasping for a reason
Without knowing why
We will cling to anything
`Till the day we die
We can hold onto sorrow
Hold on to pain
We can hold on to anger
When there is nothing to be gained
We can hold to a thread
At the end of a rope
But if we hold on to Jesus
We are holding onto hope
(Twila Paris)

Oh I can't remember if I posted this layout here or not, but I think it deserves a repost. I created this layout several months ago, but this month I have felt like I was at the end of my rope more than once. Discouragement and depression kept wanting to wind their way into my heart. Then I thought about this layout and the words---and I know that with Jesus there is hope. I know it might sound trite, but I've walked through some hard times and He has always been faithful. Someday I might elaborate, but for now I'm basically preaching to myself--reminding myself that He is faithful.
-------------------------------------
Digital supplies used in this layout:
Watery Corners brushes n stamps by Katie Pertiet

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jolanthe said...

Too cute! :) love it, love it, love it!

August 1, 2009 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger blakes said...

I just love this layout! I have a little guy who is going to turn one and I think I might have to use this for a page on him. thank you! Following you now from MBC.
-Blake
http://centerpetpharmacy.com/blog/

August 3, 2009 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Very nice.

August 4, 2009 at 6:08 PM  
Blogger Sweet Blessings said...

Thank you for linking up today:) I love the whole layout, but the last stanza to the poem just gave me that extra encouragement that I needed to day. We can hold to a thread
At the end of a rope
But if we hold on to Jesus
We are holding onto hope
Amen! Blessings!
Amanda

August 4, 2009 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

SO sweet...I liked this!

August 4, 2009 at 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home