Sunday, February 13, 2011

God Gave Us So Much

61Ep3SFW9wL._SL500_AA300_

As a mom of 6 kids, I can relate to endless questions being asked. In the limited-edition God Gave Us So Much by Lisa Tawn Bergren, Little Cub shares the questions she thinks about in this three-book series.

In the first book, God Gave Us the World, Little Cub learns that God created the world and everything in it, and that God created all things for a purpose. 

The second book, God Gave Us Love, Little Cub find that it’s hard to love the pesky otters. This time Grampa helps Little Cub learn about different types of love and how God wants us to love others.

In the third book, God Gave Us Heaven, Little Cub and Papa bear talk about the wonder of heaven and the questions that come up when thinking about heaven.

This three-story edition has made it onto our favorites shelf. The conversational way the stories are written paired with Christian principles makes this a book we will enjoy reading often. My young children (2 and 4 yrs) enjoyed the illustrations and could relate to some of the questions Little Cub asked. The stories sparked some nice conversations with my 8yr. old, especially with last book about heaven.  Be warned, this book might not be the best bed-time story as it can open up lots of discussions with your children! We read it after lunch when we had time to talk. :)

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for free to review through Blogging for Books from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group, but was not financially compensated in any way. The opinions expressed here are my own.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ticia said...

I'll have to keep an eye out for this.

February 14, 2011 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These books sound really good. I will need to see if our library has it. Thank you for sharing.
I am from the TOS Crew and am now following you. Please follow me and if you already are thank you! Have a wonderful week. :) Rani
www.indoorgardenmusings.blogspot.com

February 20, 2011 at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home