Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Planes, Trains and Automobiles- Magnets

train As I was wandering down the aisles of my local Dollar Tree, I came across a pack of transportation erasers. At first I passed them up because I have girls, but then my mind started thinking toward Tot School stuff, so I threw them in my cart. When I got home, I decided to jazz them up by adding magnets to the back.

planepatterns

The first activity we did was patterning. This is still a new skill for my 2yr. old. I placed the pattern above and we worked on copying the pattern underneath.

planepatterns2

We also counted each type of vehicle.

planepatterns3

Then we parked the cars at their homes.

I was very surprised at how much my 2yr. old and 4yr. old daughters loved playing with this homemade magnet set. I drew a couple of scenes on the fridge and they played with the magnets. Later in the day when I walked by the fridge, I found a whole story illustrated with the vehicles and dry-erase marker. Even my 11yr. old son enjoyed playing with them! Such an easy way to make a custom magnet set.



abc button

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jolanthe said...

Genius, girl!

January 18, 2011 at 8:58 AM  
Anonymous Carletta said...

I love that! What a great idea!

January 18, 2011 at 9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very fun! I am w/ Jolanthe - genius!

January 18, 2011 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Whary said...

What a greta idea!!! I am so not a problem solver.......I would NEVER have thought of this - you are super!!!

January 18, 2011 at 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Jodie said...

Great idea, I will have to keep that in mind!

January 18, 2011 at 8:54 PM  
Blogger Jess- said...

love it!

January 18, 2011 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

How great! :)
-Rachelle
www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

January 19, 2011 at 1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home