Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wrapping Up Christmas with Little Star

littlestar

This Christmas season we've been reading books from our Christmas book box and doing activities relating to the books. One book I had been eyeing was Little Star by Anthony DeStefano. I received this book to review and it was a perfect way to end out holiday celebration. 

Summary: Little Star, often over-looked and ignored, was the littlest star in the sky. While all the other stars were trying to shine their brightest for the new-coming king in order to earn a reward, Little Star was left out. Finally the day came when the king was born, but the stars were disappointed to see a baby born in a dirty stable---surely they had been fooled. Little Star however, had compassion and did his best to shine for the baby king.

This was a touching story and a fun way to explain to children why there is a star on the top of a Christmas tree.  My preschooler loved looking at the pictures in the book. Mark Elliott did a wonderful job portraying the characters in the story.  I liked that the book allowed me to have another opportunity to talk with my little girls about the true meaning of Christmas. It is a perfect addition to our Christmas book box.

Now usually I would have done an activity to go along with this book, but since we received it after Christmas, I was just plum worn out from being creative—lol. I do like the handprint Christmas tree idea from Adventures in Mommy-Land, and am going to try to remember to do it with the girls next year.

You can get a head start on next year’s Christmas book box and pick this up at Amazon:

 Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for free to review through Blogging for Books from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group, but was not financially compensated in any way. The opinions expressed here are my own.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home