Monday, December 6, 2010

Opening the Gift

nativity1 

Book Read Today:  Baby Jesus by McGraw Hill
Songs we learned:  Away in the Manger and Luke 2:11 from Songs for Saplings

nativitybox

I told the girls that they could open a gift today. Inside the green gift-box were mini nativity figurines (See myCHRISTmas Toddler Nativity Box for more details.)

nativitybox2

I ended up putting two mini-nativity sets in the box.  The girls had fun rummaging around in the straw, finding the figures.  I read them the Christmas story board book and they held up the figurine we were reading about.

babyjesus

My 2yr. old was excited to find baby Jesus. We talked about how Jesus is God’s gift to us.

Thegift

And we are the gift God wants.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger TerriG said...

Beautiful picture of your daughter holding Jesus.

December 6, 2010 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger Elle Belles Bows said...

Love your nativity box! Thanks for sharing!! Kerri

December 6, 2010 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Lovely idea

January 1, 2011 at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home