Saturday, December 4, 2010

CHRISTmas Tot School

Wow! It's December already! This month we're taking things easy and centering our fun and learning activities around Christmas.

Books we read this week:  Christmas in the Manger by Nola Buck; God's Christmas Gift by Nell Navillus, The Mitten by Jan Brett

Songs we learned:  Away in the Manger and Luke 2:11 from Songs for Saplings

  
Following lines and tracing is a new skill for Lil Apple. I printed this Christmas tracing sheet and laminated it. She had fun coloring-er scribbling on it with the dry-erase crayons. Then she had even more fun erasing using the special glove eraser that came with the crayons.

I thought this Animals with Jesus story was so cute when I saw it on 1+1+1=1's blog. I printed it out as multiple pages to a page and placed the pages in a baseball card holder. That way it will fit nicely in my dd's notebook. We read the story and talked about the animals. Then we pulled out our Little People and placed different animals by Baby Jesus.

To practice fine motor skills, I placed a bunch of jingle bells in a bowl and had her place them in a snowman ice-cube tray. This was her favorite activity of the week.

We did a little letter learning this week too. We were doing a letter review week with bigger sis so she joined in.


She's so neat with her Do-a-dot markers---not! :) She enjoys making the paint splatter. We're working on how to use the markers gently.

Our Other CHRISTmas Tot school posts:
CHRISTmas Toddler Nativity Box
CHRISTmas Tot school: More Preparation

For More Tot School Ideas check out:
Tot School


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We did the 1+1+1=1 activities too. JDaniel really enjoyed them.

December 4, 2010 at 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen Do-a-Dot markers. Are they washable? We used Bingo markers which aren't ideal since they are messy and hard to clean up.

December 6, 2010 at 4:08 AM  
Blogger Stef said...

oh my adorable - look as those wonderful cheeks!! Thank you for posting this!!
Stef

December 6, 2010 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

Some fun stuff here! I've printed out the Animals story too - I like your baseball card holder idea.

December 7, 2010 at 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home