Thursday, December 9, 2010

Making Snow

snowyday2

Snow--my kids are always in awe of the first couple of snowfalls. The first one this year was no exception. The older kids pulled out the scissors and paper and taught the little ones how to make snowflakes. The window in our homeschool room is adorned with their handi-work, and it makes me smile.
TheSnowyDay
For toddler/preschool time, I asked my older daughter to read a book from our Christmas box.  She picked The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats.

snowyyuck
I saved our Snowy Yuck just for today.

snowyyuck2
This time I remembered to make it in a disposable dish. We added water and had our own bowl full of snow! Well, except that it wasn't cold nor did it melt and you'd be in big trouble if you ate it. :)

snowyyuck4
 We made some snowballs and miniature snow forts.

snowyyuck3
A perfect way to experience snow without getting cold!


Need more cool ideas? Check out what Michelle from Delightful Learning did on her Snowy Day.

For More Book/Craft ideas see:
stART : A Mommy's Adventures
Read. Learn. Explore.
Preschool Corner

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Gibson said...

Ah so sweet ~ those little hands holding the snow and that SMILE! So much fun!

You are so sweet to link to me too! :D

December 9, 2010 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger RedTedArt said...

Oh how sweet and fun! Adorable!!

Would love for you to link up at Kids Get Crafty? It's every Wednesday over at Red Ted Art, current linky: http://www.redtedart.com/2010/12/01/kids-get-crafty-robots/

Hope to see you there!

Maggy

December 10, 2010 at 4:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

JDaniel would try to eat it just to see what I would do. I love the book The Snowy Day. My mom read it to me when I was little.

Thanks for linking to Read.Explore.Learn. I have Stumbled and tweeted about your post.

December 10, 2010 at 6:15 AM  
Blogger Kayte said...

What a fun activity. And I love your photos. She looks so adorable holding her "snow."

Stopping in from Read. Explore. Learn.

December 10, 2010 at 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen this "snow" before, but it looks like fun. What great pictures!

December 11, 2010 at 6:48 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

When I make this stuff I freeze it! Makes it even more real. And regarding not eating it, one of mine once went to the cupboard took a handful of the powder and put it in mouth, instantly "snow" foamed from mouth. Thankfully non toxic, so after initial shock quite funny, never did it again there was a lot of spitting and water after.

January 1, 2011 at 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home