Saturday, December 11, 2010

Birthday Party for Jesus

My Birthday, Jesus Birthday
Summary:  This book shows children how Jesus’ birth was very similar to theirs—and yet very different.  Children are drawn to the colorful illustrations as they see why Jesus birthday is so special.

This week we made a "Happy Birthday Jesus" banner to hang on our wall. It will be one of our decorations for our birthday party for Jesus on Christmas day.

birthdayforjesus2 Items needed:
Foam nativity stamps (I picked mine up at Hobby Lobby)
paper plates
paint
banner paper

Spread one color paint on each plate. We picked certain stamps to go with each color so that I wouldn't have to wash them while we were working.

birthdayforjesus birthdayforjesus3 birthdayforjesus4 birthdayforjesus5
After the paint dried, I printed out the letters onto colored paper and we cut then glued them onto the banner. Right before Christmas we'll decorate the banner with streamers and balloons.  We’ll make our special birthday cake for Jesus and eat that for breakfast (yes, breakfast!) on Christmas day. You can find the recipe and other Jesus birthday party ideas here:


For more Christmas ideas check out:

Our Worldwide ClassroomItsy Bitsy Learners

For More Book/Craft ideas see:
stART : A Mommy's Adventures
Read. Learn. Explore.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Alison @ Educational Creations said...

How cute! I would love for you to add your link to our Nativity Ideas! If you have more than one "Nativity" inspired post please feel free to add those too!

http://www.itsybitsylearners.blogspot.com

I am def. going to Hobby Lobby today to look for those Stampers!

December 11, 2010 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I gave you "The Versatile Blogger" award today on my blog. Thanks for inspiring me!

December 11, 2010 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger Kylie said...

Those stamps are gorgeous. I love the idea to make a banner too.

December 11, 2010 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your banner. We are going to have a birthday cake for Jesus after our Christmas dinner.

Thanks for linking to Read.Explore.Learn. I have Stumbled this post.

December 12, 2010 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger Mihaela { Best Toys 4 Toddlers } said...

Just shared this post as day 14 book suggestion in Magic Christmas for Toddlers countdown. Thank you for adding Maureen :)

December 14, 2010 at 4:54 PM  
Blogger Mommy Sarah said...

What fun ideas! We are going to do a birthday banner for Jesus as well! :)

December 16, 2010 at 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home