Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thanksgiving mini-cards

The other day I went to several local craft stores and dollar stores looking for Thanksgiving craft supplies, but could not find a thing. I couldn't believe that everything was Christmas! I thought for sure there would be Thanksgiving items located in a clearance section or fall section--but there was nothing. Oriental Trading had some cute things, but in order to get them in time, I'd have to pay a high shipping price. (Note to self---stock up on Thanksgiving craft stuff when you first see it in September!) :)  Anyway, I needed something for our co-op kids to create for a local nursing home visit. I did find a craft foam flower kit that we will use, but I needed small cards to include. So I made some and thought that others might find it useful as well.



Besides using them as cards, if you glue a craft stick or toothpick in the middle, you can make little banners/flags that can be placed on desserts or in table decorations/flower arrangements. Have fun coloring! ;)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa N. said...

Cute cards, thanks...I always TRY to stock up AFTER the holiday the year before so I am ready for next year...cheap stuff then!

November 10, 2010 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

neat idea--thanks for creating it and posting it!

November 11, 2010 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cute! And thanks. I'll have to link to this on my T'giving lapbook lens.

I think it's a travesty the way we rush from Halloween (which I'm not a fan of) right off to Christmas. Poor Thanksgiving. It really gets the short end of the stick.

The photo of your darling daughter with her turkey headband is too cute!

November 12, 2010 at 12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home