Monday, November 1, 2010

Getting Organized for Christmas


Making Christmas Meaningful
(This is a post from last year that I thought would be appropriate to highlight again.)

Week 1: Sharing Organizational Tips

I made this Family Traditions notebook several years ago. My goal was to plan special family times throughout the year. Some were the big holidays--- Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving and Birthdays. I also had planned a couple of silly holiday celebrations too. After moving, this notebook stayed packed until recently when I started thinking about how I needed to be doing a better job at planning my holidays and family times.

Family Traditions Notebook I have 12 dividers, one for each month of the year. Then I printed the following page, one for each month or for each holiday/tradition.


Family Traditions Printable
(click photo to download)

Family Traditions Notebook cover I've included a printable cover and backcover to help you get started creating your own Family Traditions notebook.

Then when I have special recipes, craft directions or other printables, I just file them behind the appropriate month's tab.


More Family Traditions Printables to include in the binder:
Christmas
Easter

So do you have any holiday organizational tips, tricks, hints, or printables? If so, post your link below.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger The Little Miss said...

oh my gosh amazing post!!!!! I need to start getting ready and organized for christmas. It just always comes so fast and just hits me in the face. This year I want to be prepared!
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

November 2, 2009 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

This is amazing...but you know what's even more amazing, I was preparing something very similar, and then it got put on hold for another project, and a sick child.
Thanks so much for sharing.

November 2, 2009 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ha! I don't have any of tips to share that's why I'm here to steal yours☺ Great binder idea and I love the printables you found. Thanks for sharing.

November 4, 2009 at 1:44 AM  
Anonymous Honey said...

I love the idea of the binder with the 12 dividers. I have been trying to figure out how to do something similar (you may have just hit the nail on the head for me). Thanks for sharing.

November 21, 2009 at 1:00 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Thanks so much! This is fantastic!

I love the book Family Fragrance from Heritage Builders and Treasuring God in Our Traditions by Noel Piper. Great resources for ideas of making holidays and any time special.

November 2, 2010 at 2:47 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I've tried two different browsers to download the files and neither will open it. My adobe is all up to date. Do you have any other tips to be able to download the files?

November 2, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home