Monday, November 1, 2010

A Christmas Prayer

It's never too early to be thinking about Christmas, especially about the reason my family celebrates Christmas---celebrating the birth of a king. Every year I like to add special Christmas books to our Christmas book box, so when Book Sneeze offered A Christmas Prayer, I signed up to review it right away.

The first thing I noticed were the soft, whimsical illustrations by Marijan Ramljak. The wonderful pictures paired with the repeating phrases by Amy Parker made this book enjoyable to read. A little child talks about how every aspect of the nativity story is a gift from God.  From Gabriel to baby Jesus, they are each a precious Christmas gift to us from God.

I liked the simple text with the repeating phrase, "Thank you, God, for __________ Your precious Christmas gift". My little ones were able to repeat that phrase after reading the book a couple of times. I appreciated that this book allowed us to talk about how each of the characters in our nativity set were real and each played an important part in ushering the King of Kings into the world. I think this book would make a wonderful gift for toddlers and preschoolers.



I review for BookSneeze

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Elle Belles Bows said...

It looks like a beautiful book and something that could also turn in to a tradition. Thanks for sharing the review! Kerri

November 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

That looks great!

I just got a nice big box of new Christmas stuff from Christian books. I like to add to our stash every year too. I wish I'd have seen that one for my tot. Lucky for me, I still have an amazon order to place. =o)

November 2, 2010 at 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home