Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WFMW: Scrapbooking Templates

I have not had much time lately to sit down and scrap, so when I finally do have a moment, I want to at least accomplish one page. I've found the best way for me to do that is to use a digital scrapbooking template.

DEFINITION:  Layered templates are complete layered files to create scrapbook pages and hybrid projects. You can choose the papers and add/delete elements as well as adding text and extra embellishments. Many layered templates come with special frames, titles, or embellishments to decorate the page.


I love templates because all the design planning is already done for me.  All I need to do is add papers, pictures and journaling.  I decided to use Cathy Zielske's template for my layout.



I knew that I wanted to showcase several photos from my daughter's first haircut. Cathy's template has a space for 3 photos, but you can see that you can add your own touches to templates. I added the focal point photo off to the side and used the 3 little photos as a series of photos of the haircut process. Then I added a couple of finishing touches and I was done! :)


And here's an older layout I did using Anna Aspnes' template:



And here's another example of using a template. I used Katie Pertiet's template to make wall art for my daughter's bedroom:





Templates are a perfect way to speed up the scrapping process. For a great selection of templates check out Designer Digitals.


_________________________________
Don't forget to check out my Photography Class giveaway! Ends 5/21

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Confessions Of A Homeschooler said...

I think I actually have that heart template, I never thought to use it for wall decorations! Great idea, thanks :o)

May 19, 2010 at 10:44 PM  
Anonymous Amy @ Raising Arrows said...

Reading, reading, reading. I am so enjoying your site!

May 31, 2010 at 11:02 PM  
Anonymous Shelby said...

I'm just beginning digital scrapbooking and trying to learn as much as I can. I really like the templates you've demonstrated--especially the Anna Aspnes collage one. I have so many closely related pictures that I've been trying to find a nice progression layout. Thanks for this tip! And the others in your blog!

Also, our blog is hosting a Heritage Makers album giveaway: http://www.genxmomsblog.com/?p=1659

June 10, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home