Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our Valentine Colors

We are getting ready to start our local co-op up again, and I’ve been busy planning classes for the toddler/preschoolers. I thought I’d share what I have planned for our Valentine’s Day lesson---the Wordless Book.
gospelfuzzies
What’s the Wordless Book?
The Wordless Book is a tool to help Christians tell others about God's plan of salvation.
I have done the Wordless Book in a preschool class a couple years ago. I compiled all my findings, links, and printables in my Wordless Book lens on Squidoo. While working on that piece, I came across the idea of The Gospel Fuzzies from Quirky Momma’s blog. After researching it a bit, I decided that this presentation of the Wordless book would be perfect for my young co-op class this year.
pompoms
To start off, I purchased pom poms in the colors of the Wordless book: red, green, white, black, gold/yellow. I have them placed in a container for our sensory bin.
wbcolorsort
Then I have plastic tongs and craft foam to use as sorting mats. We’ll sort some of the pom poms by color.
glove
After having some sorting fun, I’ll say something to the effect that these colors remind me of a song. I’ll then pull out the Gospel Fuzzy glove and teach them the song and the meaning of the colors. [I am going to make a glove ahead of time for each child.]
gospelfuzzybooklet
I created a mini-booklet of the song. Each child will glue the correct Gospel Fuzzy on the page.
wbpatterns  
We might do some patterning too.
gfthumbsI’ve created all these resources for my class and hopefully you will find them useful too!



Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Whary said...

So incredibly CUTE!!!!!! Thanks for the awesome ideas :-)

January 27, 2011 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Mozer said...

You're welcome! ;)

January 27, 2011 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger Valerie McClintick said...

Adorable! I love the glove what a great idea,

Blessings,

Valerie

January 27, 2011 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Great ideas and unit, it's so nice of you to share the pages you made!

PS: Thanks for stopping by and leaving your congratulations!

January 27, 2011 at 4:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This looks like a wonderful lesson. Little ones love pom-poms.

January 27, 2011 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger Melissa N. said...

Love it - I always enjoy your blog! Tomorrow i am having a HS Link Up party tomorrow...maybe you want to join in...here is my blog address...link up will be available at midnight! Prizes!

http://just-starting-out.blogspot.com

Melissa

January 27, 2011 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh-So-Incredibly-Cute!!!!

January 27, 2011 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Ticia said...

We made Gospel Fuzzies for our MOPS group last year, and the kids all LOVED them.

January 27, 2011 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger Deb Chitwood said...

Thanks for all the awesome activities you share! I loved giving you the Your Blog is Fabulous Award at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2011/01/27/your-blog-is-fabulous-award-to-happily-pass-on/

January 27, 2011 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

What a cute lesson plan! I"m sure it will be a hit with your class. Stopping by from the Preschool Parade.

January 31, 2011 at 11:28 AM  
Anonymous momstownca said...

this is awesome! Our momstown moms get together monthly to create 'educational make & take' activities and this is a great concept for us to create together. We often do file folder games which get a bit boring - this is a great idea! thanks!

January 31, 2011 at 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Karen said...

Such a cute idea. I miss doing preschool projects. It was such a fun time.

January 31, 2011 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger Mozi Esme said...

What a terrific resource - thanks for sharing!

January 31, 2011 at 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go to Cuba and take things to assist the pastors in their ministry. I was looking for something I could show them to make with a glove and this is perfect. I will have to get it translated into spanish but that is no problem. Thanks so much for sharing this idea.

March 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home