Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Making Homemade Ice Cream

One summer tradition our family has is making homemade ice cream.  Last summer we had fun making ice cream in a bag and using an ice cream maker. For our first round of ice cream making for this year, my 12yr. old decided to pull out the ice cream maker.

homemadeicecream 
We went ahead and bought lots of different toppings to make ice cream sundaes. This is a big treat as I don’t usually have those items on hand. My 12 yr. old made vanilla ice cream using a basic no-cook recipe.

icecreamMSpell

Each kid got to pick their favorite toppings. I like carmel—and chocolate. Mmmm, so good when mixed together! :) We even found some cute ice-cream bowls from The Dollar Tree.

eatingicecream 
It sure was hot enough that day, which made eating our homemade treat even more enjoyable.

We’re going to try a new recipe for our next batch. I’ve been looking through the ice cream recipe lists and have a few that look interesting. Do you have a favorite homemade ice-cream recipe?

Here’s a mini-booklet with the directions for making ice cream in a bag. If you’ve never tried this with your kids, you need to! Every kid I’ve seen do this activity for the first time has been in awe of the fact that they made their own ice cream with such simple ingredients!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous JDaniel4's Mom said...

We made it in a coffee can! I love your bag instruction sheet.

June 7, 2011 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

OH MY - um, get out another bowl friend - I am coming!!

June 8, 2011 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger LeeanneA said...

It's easy to buy icecream - but it's fun to make it! :)

June 25, 2011 at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home