Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Imagine: Women of Faith

This past weekend I went on a little mommy-vacation with my own mom. We headed to  Indy for the Women of Faith Imagine conference thanks to Book Sneeze and Thomas Nelson.

What is Women of Faith?

Women of Faith is a faith-based women's organization encouraging women of all ages and stages in life to grow in faith and spiritual maturity through a relationship with Jesus Christ and an understanding of God’s love and grace. ~ Women of Faith.com

 

When we arrived, I was expecting nose-bleed seats and was totally shocked when I found out our seats were on the front row! I could see what shoes everyone was wearing! I had the best time watching the speakers while they were in their seats. It was fun to see that Lisa Welchel and Mandisa came just to support their WoF friends! They weren’t even speaking or performing. I could tell that this group of ladies have a special friendship and love for each other. Seeing that encouraged me.

I’m still mulling over the many things I heard --figuring out what applies to me and what I need to do about it. Here are some random things I remember from this weekend:

Dr. Henry Cloud: “Everything we think is going to make us happy only accounts for 10% of happiness.”  and “Imagine a life of being a giver. Happy people are connected people (our monkey aka friend—lol—it ended up being a joke during the weekend after he gave monkey example to illustrate this point.) Happy people have goals.”

WOFdrcloud

Sheila Walsh: What a testimony she has! I don’t have enough space here to express how she impacted me. I’m still thinking about many  things she said this weekend.

WOFsheilawalsh 
WOFsheilawalsh2

Angie Smith: I have followed Angie Smith’s blog, Bring the Rain for several years. I was pregnant with my now 3yr. old when Angie was blogging about her daughter, Audrey Caroline. I wept many times reading her blog during that time-period. This weekend she shared Audrey’s story with us. She had us crying and then laughing the next moment. What a story and what a great speaker. WOFangiesmith

Natalie Grant: I’m not a crier, but I had tears in my eyes hearing Natalie singing It is Well.  Todd Smith (Angie Smith’s dh) posted a video of  Natalie singing:  http://www.twitvid.com/CBKGI (be aware there might be an ad before the song that is not affiliated with Todd nor Natalie.)

WOFnataliegrant

Oh and Lisa Harper, Nicole Johnson, Luci Swindoll and the worship team were fantastic as well!

If a Women of Faith event will be in your area, I’d encourage you to pray about going.

Women of Faith Imagine

Disclosure: I was provided two (2) tickets to the Indy Women of Faith event courtesy of Thomas Nelson Publishing in exchange for two blog posts regarding the event. All opinions are mine.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Pebblekeeper ~ Angie said...

What a wonderful way to share your weekend! My turn is in October in Portland Oregon! Great review!

August 23, 2011 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds wonderful! I love that you got to go.

August 23, 2011 at 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home